Friday, January 25, 2019

Frustration...Focus...

Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Hebrews 12:1-2
  Somedays, too often, I struggle with frustration which often leads to anger which in turn is sin. I go to Bible study and read passages about the servanthood of Christ, yet walk away wondering how to apply this to my life. Right now. My bible class is filled with sweet Christian women. We all are good on the outside according to the world's perspective. Me included. We pray, we attend church, we aren't vulgar and wretched, we are friendly and helpful in a general way to each other. But, is that really servanthood? Just being nice?  I bring up this question for discussion during the class and am met with blank stares. Then, someone states...."Well Kathie you serve with the beautiful handmade cards you send to others"..... That is not what I am looking for. Making my beautiful cards is my hobby that I enjoy and yes,  I do share with others. But is that what Jesus requires of us...just offering up something that we already love to do? I don't know. I want another answer. I want us as a group of women to discuss the real needs of others in our church family and as sisters in Christ have a plan of action for serving them. 
   I am frustrated and need direction, peace, wisdom. In the end, I realize this must come from the Lord. I can't change anyone, I can't force others to look at the questions I have in the same way I am looking at them. I am a sinner thru and thru. I am so very thankful that the Lord saved me, continues to transform me, brings questions about my sin into my mind, convicts me of my sins, and gives me direction. How would Jesus guide me to serve others? That is my question, my focus for this time.