Wednesday, March 19, 2008

"Soul Sisters"


God knew what He was doing when He placed Terri in my life. Eight years ago I was in the process of getting my dog Biskit (check his picture out on the side bar- VERY cute) and was quite insecure about becoming a "dog mom". The only "mom" experience I had was with cats- low maintenance compared to dogs and definitely not as much fun. It was while I was bugging everyone in my path about dog care when Terri popped up in my life. She was new to my church and was looking for a friend. Terri is a big dog lover. She has trained dogs, shown dogs, studied dogs, and in general just loves dogs and talks about them quite a bit. The ladies at church led her right to me. So began our friendship based on dogs! Of course God was in the midst of our relationship and was not going to let it stop with "dog talk". Over the years we have become "soul sisters" spending hours together studying God's word, sharing how He is impacting our life, eating out, shopping, and of course going on adventures with our four legged children. This past week she came to visit from Las Vegas where she now lives. We had some fun filled days -getting up late, staying up late, eating , talking, watching movies and playing with my furry children. Biskit and Cookie were in heaven. They love the attention from Aunt Terri who was their dog sitter before moving to Nevada and have tons of memories of playtime with Buddy, Chester and Abe. I love the way God works things out in our lives. Who would imagine that a couple of cute canines would be the foundation of a special friendship?