Sunday, February 17, 2008

Weekend with my Family!

Deb, my sister-in-law, came for a quick visit this weekend. Deb is Mike's younger sister, about my age, young 50's. Though we have many things in common, I believe it is our differences that often end up bringing us the most fun. For example- at Christmas Deb got Mike a couple of remote flying helicopters to fly around in the house and do battle with each other. Now that phrase in bold text is where I had the problem. I am way to "pent up" with things flying around in my house, hitting the walls, art-work, and decorations to really enjoy myself. Mike and Deb, on the other hand were in their element. It was a stretch for me, but once I relaxed I was laughing and having a good time watching them trying to control those minature helicopters. Biskit, Cookie and Katie were in heaven chasing them around the room whenever they crashed into the floor and furniture! Deb's sense of humor and quick wit always keeps me laughing and I look forward to our times together. Saturday afternoon we piled into Mike's dirty "dog car" and went to see the movie "There Will be Blood". We were in agreement that it missed the mark. Lots of interesting elements, but short on story line and too violent. Definitely NOT a funny movie. Aterwards we dragged Freddie (my father-in-law) out to dinner at Cheddar's where we stuffed our selves with tasty food and he picked up the tab!
The four of us layed around the rest of the evening attempting to stay conscious to watch some loser rented movies. We weren't successful and lots of snoring was had by all until we gave up and went to bed around midnight.
Sunday morning was beautiful and after loading up on coffee we went on a romp with the dogs to a park near Lake Arlington. I posted a couple photos on my website. It was late morning when Deb and Katie got in her new "Hot Red" car (very cool) and took off for their home in Austin. Can't wait for a repeat visit!