Thursday, November 22, 2012

Giving Thanks....




Thankful for the beauty of color.....


Today, Thanksgiving, reminds me of the abundance of blessings in my life that I am grateful for. Family, friends, laughter, beautiful home, health, employment, freedom, the ability to recognize and enjoy the amazing creation of this earth  the Lord has placed me in.


                                                  For the beauty of the earth,
                                                  for the glory of the skies,
                                                  for the love which from our birth,
                                                 over and around us lies.....


Thankful for sweet moment with friends...human and "other"...


Days pass so quickly, and I forget to stop and enjoy the "moment". To simply be still and bask in 
being alive....


                                                  For the beauty of each hour
                                                 of the day and of the night,
                                                 hill and vale, and tree and flower,
                                                  sun and moon, and stars of light.....


Thankful for laughable moments....





I love the things that make me smile,laugh. Those moments, that when times are difficult, I can bring to mind and the hardship seems to melt away....


   For the joy of ear and eye,
 for the heart and mind's delight,
 for the mystic harmony,
  linking sense to sound and sight....



Thankful for the beauty of nature.....

I am always overwhelmed with the incredible extravagance of the earth. Its complexity and beauty never cease to stop me in my tracks as I look up and give thanks to the Lord .


                                                    For the joy of human love,
                                                   brother, sister, parent, child,
                                                   friends on earth and friends above,
                                                   for all gentle thoughts and mild.....



Thankful for delicious abundance of life! 

We all want to "have our cake, and eat it too",   and every once in a while I get that privilege. Those times when all things seem to come together...love, laughter, beauty, family, friends...and food....like today...Thanksgiving. 


                                                              For thyself, best Gift Divine,
                                                              the world so freely given,
                                                              for that great, great love of thine,
                                                              peace on earth, and joy in heaven:

Lord of all, to thee I raise
this my hymn of grateful praise!