Friday, January 11, 2008

Eyes Opened



Today as I was dwelling in Matthew 13 I revisited that time when God opened my blinded eyes to Himself. An act that was truly ALL God's doing. I spent my 41 years at that point unknowingly blind and deaf to spiritual things; doing what was right in MY eyes, walking MY path, basing life on MY ideas. Things of God may have been surrounding me but not being equipped to recognize them I passed them over. Then all of a sudden but in slow motion my heart was softened, the scales fell from my eyes, the earplugs were removed and I heard the Word of God resonate within me. I could not rest or resist. It was as if I had been asleep all my life and suddenly been awakened to a new and glorious reality. A reality that was all about the LORD Jesus Christ. How scary and thrilling. A new babe had been born into His Kingdom. The adventure had begun!